Sunday, January 8, 2023

poetry

 

Prompt: Write a descriptive poem about a person's experience walking through a forest on a foggy morning.

Ok so I am canning the 3 part story idea. I want to just pop in and do a quick something here and then cause it's light and fun that way.

A quick sonnet with no rhyme scheme but a little iambic flavor added


  1. walking around the pines i have the urge
  2. to jump and spring and dance and sing and prance
  3. initial freedom is the sweetest
  4. i love it half to death
  5. my inner self sings true
  6. and my legs run with vigor
  7. I splash through a brook and bound through a meadow
  8. directions are lost through misty fog but I feel found
  9. all is surreal until the hunger beckons me back
  10. back to the doldrums, the undeniable benefits of society
  11. it's logical and yet stifling
  12. my soul recharges here
  13. back to the trail to find the way home
  14. but I can always return


No comments:

Post a Comment